Friday, November 19, 2010

Painting class trip the Crocker Art Museum



I had so much fun yesterday! Can you believe I've never been to an art museum? I was trying to think of why...I think it has to do with your family. If you didn't grow up doing it, you probably don't think about doing it as an adult. I guess. I dont know! It also has something to do with my own cocky attitude I've always had. The idea that somehow I don't need to see some famous artists' work-- I make my own art.

What a dork I've been.

I was so inspired!! I loved wandering around and letting myself sink into the paintings.

I was surprised to love the Wayne Thiebaud exhibit. I knew about the cakes...I didn't think I cared about the cakes. And...truthfully, I'm not a huge fan of the food paintings. I LOVED, loved his figurative works!!

No photo's were allowed on the ones I really loved, but I was able to take a picture of this one, that belongs to the Crocker:



Here's a couple of my other favorites in other exhibits:




"Autumn Landscape"
Oil on Canvas, 1960
Jerrold Ballaine



"Gold of the Caucasus"
Acrylic on Canvas, 1969
Fred Thomas Martin




"Winters Blue Cold"
Oil on Canvas 1990-1991
Christopher Brown

No comments:

Post a Comment