Monday, November 8, 2010

Figure Drawing Class #14


Ok...this was last Wednesday! I'm such a bad blogger.

We had one pose for an hour and a half- it was wonderful and terrible all at once.

I started with a gesture and proceeded like normal until about 25 minutes in, I realized- everything was off. REALLY off. This pose was very very foreshortened from my point of view and I had made her legs too long, her torso too long...and thus everything around her was wrong.

SO frustrating!!

I think, in the end, I came very close to getting it right. At some point, though, with a model in front of you, you have to make the best of the time you have. I did this by getting her face right...and I feel I did.

I know her legs look short, but they aren't'!! I swear!! I loved this pose- she wore red shoes, a straw hat and a black boa. Diane is awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment