Monday, November 8, 2010

Forgive me, NaNoWriMo has eaten my brain.


At least for the last three days. I'm behind, too!! I'm supposed to be up over 13,000 by now, but I'm at just over 10,000. Above is a word count calendar for this month. It really pays to stay on track, let me tell you!

I think I can catch up today. All it takes is a couple day of NOT writing your 1,667 words, and suddenly, you are stuck with a deficit that will take hours to make up!!

I like my story, I think. It's different than I'd imagined it. It's a fantasy, for sure, but I need to start making it more fantastical, I guess. It doesn't really matter, though. It's good to write. Even if it's utter crap.

I'm still researching my "real" novel. (I'm not sure whats so real about it) I've got some wonderful library books I'm charging though. I'm taking lots of notes. I guess I'm a geek- I love research for research's sake. I need to work on my other characters, too, it's just that John is so central to the plot, I need to develop him completely. The girl in it (who used to be Nina, but I changed to Priscilla....there is alot in a name!!)is so much like me, it's hard to "research" how she'd react to anything. I know how she would act. I'm an expert on that one.

No comments:

Post a Comment